- 1 Things to Consider Before Deciding to Go For a Mechanical or Computerized Sewing Machine
- 2 Pros of Having Computerized Sewing Machines:
- 3 Cons of Having Computerized Sewing Machines
- 4 Brother PE770 5x7 Easy-to-Use Computerized Sewing Machine
- 5 Brother LB6800PRW Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing Machine
- 6 Brother Project Runway PC420PRW Easy-to-Use Free-Arm Sewing Machine
- 7 Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- 8 Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 9 SINGER 9960 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- 10 Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing Machine
- 11 SINGER 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
- 12 Brother cs6000i 60-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
- 13 Wrapping up
Isn’t this century all about computerized machines? We want to save our time and also energy by using the computerized equipment. Computers can do our work in less time.
Even the sewing work can be easier now with the help of computerized sewing machines. Manual sewing machines are even upgraded to computerized machines now for a hassle-free work.
But somehow, it might be very difficult and confusing to decide which one of them is best suited for you from the number of good sewing machines available in the market.
But, we will help you out there!
Things to Consider Before Deciding to Go For a Mechanical or Computerized Sewing Machine
Type of Sewing Involved
Depending on the type of work you will do, you need a specialized sewing machine with different features. The computerized machines are loaded with features. They have many built in stitches, buttonholes which might not be used by the beginners. Of course, the cost of the product increases with the number of features. If you feel 200+ in-built stitches aren’t needed, it won’t be a good idea to invest your money there. If you just want to do simple repair, homework, alteration, go for a simple mechanical one.
Are You Technologically Savvy?
The LCD screens, buttons, facilities are all there in computerized sewing machines. But, will you able to use it? It does become a little bit more complicated to use when you have more features, and you are a novice in the field of sewing. Before you get this time saver, make sure it is convenient for you.
How Much Do You Want Spend?
The computerized sewing machines are costlier than the mechanical ones, even if from the same brand as the later are the simpler ones.
Pros of Having Computerized Sewing Machines:
- Automatic Features: You have automatic needle threader, automatic thread cutter, automatic needle up and down, auto tension and more. Everything is available to you without much effort. Some of them also provide with locking stitch underneath that gives a finishing.
- Stitch Options: Some computerized sewing machines also include symbols and letters along with stitching options. If you are doing some fancy project, it will be really helpful.
- Automatic buttonholes: Getting a buttonhole done is no more difficult. Place the buttonhole foot followed by pressing the button, and you have it done so fast and easy.
- Speed: The computerized ones have greater control over speed and are Some even give the option of not using the foot pedal.
Cons of Having Computerized Sewing Machines
Now let us see what the best sewing machines for the beginners are.
Brother PE770 5x7 Easy-to-Use Computerized Sewing Machine
This computerized machine weighs 26.6 lbs. and is 21.2 x 16.9 x 17.3 inches in dimension. It is a modernized machine and can do any craft work.
- Embroidery Field: It has a large 5″ x 7″ embroidery field. For large sewing materials, you have ample of space. It also makes it easier to make different designs on tote bags, jackets, quilt squares by trying new embroidery.
- Automatic Needle Threader: You don’t have to worry about threading. The machine does that in the eye of the needle itself.
- Auto Thread Trimmer: Again a time-saver here. Just press the button, and it would trim the upper and lower part of the thread for you.
- Quick-set Bobbin: There are Drop & Sew Bobbin System and jam-resistant technology used in the bobbin, and you just have to take out the thread from the slot after placing the bobbin. The bobbin cover is also transparent which lets you know when you are running out of the thread. This enables neat stitch.
- Lots of In-Built Designs: There are 184 decorative stitches, 136 designs, ten frame shapes, 12 border styles and six lettering fonts available. There are beautiful designs which are pre-programmed. The maximum speed is 650 SPM.
- Built-In Memory: Yes, computers do have stronger memories than us. You can import any design you like using USB stick or the ones you have purchased from some site like iBroidery.com. This enables you to collect your set of designs.
- Embroidery Card Slot: You can place other Brother embroidery cards and use the designs there as well.
- Embroidery Compatible: We are all fond of several embroidery designs found online. You can download from there and use it here.
- Backlit LCD Touch Screen Display: The 1.4″ x 2.7″ touchscreen allows you to pick up your designs and other editing options. To make it more visible, it has an LCD.
- Design Editing: If you are looking for fancy designs, you can perform rotation, resizing and more to edit your designs. You can also have a preview before stitching them.
- Accessories: One 5″x7″ embroidery hoop, Dust cover, has Embroidery arm, got accessory bag with seam ripper, needle set, spool caps (3), scissors, cleaning brush, screwdrivers (2), and bobbins (3).
- It provides high-quality stitch, and you can be creative due to many options available.
- It is easy to use.
- It has additional memory features.
- Working space is comparatively less.
- It is big and not portable.
Brother LB6800PRW Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing Machine
This computerized machine weighs 36.6 lbs. and is 21.5 x 16 x 22 inches in dimension. It is heavy and compact. It just doesn’t perform general sewing but also embroidery. The white machine has blue trimming.
- Computer Connectivity and Updates: The most amazing feature about this is you can update your old designs and have new patterns downloaded. Thus, you could make your project more creative.
- Super Easy Bobbin Winding System: Once you place the thread, you need to move the bobbin towards right once and press ” There is quick set drop-in bobbin winding system which is also jam-resistant.
- Advanced Needle Threader: You need to place the needle on this and push the vertical shaft. It jumps back to position itself once the thread is placed.
- Inbuilt Stitches and Designs: There are 67 pre-programmed stitches which include heirloom, decorative, utility, and quilting. There are also 120 frame patterns, 70 inbuilt embroidery designs, and five built-in fonts.
- iBroidery Compatible: We are all fond of iBroidery.com which has beautiful designs. You can download from there and use it here. You can also pick from Nickelodeon, Disney, Warner Bros., Disney Pixar and other designs from Brother design library.
- Backlit LCD Touchscreen: You can edit your design like minimize, enlarge, rotate or get a mirror image on the LCD touch screen. It is easily navigable, and you can see your stitch and designs there.
- Needle Up/Down Setting: Through the touch of a button, you can position the needle up or down.
- Automatic Thread Cutter: Along with bobbin winder system, we have this which makes it easy and fast to cut the thread.
- Seven Point Feed Dogs: This enables you to fetch the fabric material efficiently and doesn’t tamper the layers underneath.
- Adjustable Sewing Speeds: There are three stages to adjust the speed before you reach the maximum which is 710 SPM for sewing and 400 SPM for embroidery.
- Accessories: Rolling bag with project Runway embroidery, 4”x4” embroidery hoop, Embroidery arm, Soft cover, Overcasting foot, Buttonhole foot, Button fitting foot, Zipper foot, Monogramming foot, Embroidery foot, USB-cable, Blind stitch foot, an English and Spanish instruction manual.
- It is very easy to use as it has LCD screen and other user-friendly features.
- There are a lot of designs available. You can select as per your choice.
- The quality of stitch is good, and it has 7-point feed dogs.
- You can do normal sewing as well as embroidery.
- It doesn’t make any noise.
- It is affordable.
- The embroidery bed is small.
- It is heavy, hence not portable.
Brother Project Runway PC420PRW Easy-to-Use Free-Arm Sewing Machine
The white machine has a lot of buttons on it through which you can select the stitch and various functions. It weighs 26 pounds which are not very heavy.