- 1 Singer 9960 - Best Inexpensive Embroidery Machine
- 2 Brother Project Runway PC420 - Best Embroidery Machine for Beginners
- 3 Brother HC 1850 - Best Computerized Embroidery Sewing Machine
- 4 Brother XM2701 - Computerized Sewing Machines
- 5 Brother SE 400 - Best Computerized Quilting Machines
- 6 Singer 7256 - Best Computerized Sewing Machine
- 7 Brother CS 6000i - Computerized Stencil Cutting Machine
- 8 Brother XL 2610 - Best Home Embroidery Machine
- 9 Janome Magnolia 7330 - Best Sewing Machine for Quilting and Embroidery
- 10 Janome HD 3000 - Best Home Embroidery Machine
Earlier, it has been mentioned that brands play an important role in not only giving you a perfect stitching, but also for an amazing whole stitching experience. While there are some brands that make expensive machines, there are loads of brands which will give you the right machines, fitting in your budget. Out of so many different brands available, some of the names have been mentioned below, who has been in service for so many decades. From your grandmother’s time till now, these brands have developed and implemented new technologies and presented some of the best sewing machines to the world. So, depending on your budget, you can very easily, choose the best sewing machine from any of these brands.
- Brother: This is one of the leading manufacturers, having a market share of 29 percent. This company has so far gifted some of the best models for domestic use, with top notch features and amazing service. Basic or advanced model; anything you ask for, this company can provide you with some of the technologically advanced machines. The combination sewing machine or a sewing specific machine, everything is high tech, with so many different functions and advanced technologies, at the same time, the ease of use cannot also be ignored. So, if you want to check out the models, you can easily visit their website or get it from independent dealers or mass merchants.
- Husqvarna Viking: This brand is not for the basic sewing machine seekers. They are a pioneer name and a leading manufacturer in making and delivering high-tech electronic machine and computerized versions. The production unit is located in Sweden, and the works are carried out there. So, are you the one looking for an expensive model with high tech designs, for getting the best professional touch? You can opt for this brand. The latest sensation of this company is the Designer Diamond, a computerized and high-end full-service sewing and embroidery machine. With so many built-in features and some of the amazing stitch patterns and designs, this newest addition is ruling the market. Want this? You can get it from the service dealers.
- Janome: This is the company where innovation and advanced features meet. This is one of the top American sewing manufacturing companies, dealing with models featuring basic to advanced level of stitching. Even their electronic and the computerized machines can be found from the entry-level to the high-end The show stealer of this company so far is the Memory Craft 11000, which is not only loaded with tons of features but also has a patented stepping motor technology and computer software. Giving a dedicated service for decades, this is a brand that you can definitely consider for purchasing a sewing machine.
- Kenmore: Your search for a variety of mid to low-end sewing machines will end there. There are leading suppliers, featuring this type of sewing machines. Although you can get some low-end machines, all the types are loaded with multifunction features, making it a great choice for beginners, where there is a very basic need for sophistication. Want one? Well, you have to look for them exclusively at Sears and Kmart.
- Singer: Who doesn’t know its name? From the old and traditional mechanical sewing machines to the most technologically advanced one, this company has provided the best machines since the inception of the sewing Yes, this company is just so old, and hence you can clearly depend on their invention. Okay, now when it comes to sales, this company surpasses every other with 43 percent of sales. So whether you are a proficient sewer or just a beginner, Singer offers you with so many choices that can perfectly meet your requirement.
So, after going through the process of selection, fabric types and brands, let us now highlight here some of the best machines, having multipurpose use features. So, a mix of functions, technology, features, and stitching capacity can easily help you to decide your best sewing machine. Interested to know? Keep on reading.
Editors best singer sewing machine: This is just a perfect sewing machine. Quilting, embroidery or monogramming task, you can do everything here. With a catchy and compact design, this machine has 600 built in stitch patterns and automatic 1 step buttonholes. Considering the stitch pattern and the different accessories that this machine comes with, the price is comparatively quite reasonable. One can even customize sewing projects with the help of mirror imaging options. So, even if you want to control the exact look of a stitch pattern, you can easily do it with the stitch editing capabilities.
- Top drop-in bobbin
- 600 built-in stitches
- Needle up and down button
- 7mm stitch width
- Speed control lever
- 13 buttonholes style
- Automatic thread trimmer
- Mirror imaging and elongation function
- Extra functions
- Bonus accessories
- Perfect for experienced sewer
- A 10-star sewing machine
- Easy and fast threading
- Automatic stitch width function
- Start and stop button
- Stitch selection
- Handling may be complicated
- The weight can be an issue if you have to move it frequently
The best solution for professional needs: This machine boasts of fashionable and perfect consistent stitch quality. With 11 presser feet and so many accessories, it even comes with a hard cover case. So, if you want to try out something creative, this machine will give you the much-needed customization option and precision. 294 stitch styles provide you with enough options to craft your style. From light to heavy duty materials, this machine can efficiently and effectively handle all types of fabrics.
- Unique feeding system
- 294 built-in stitches
- Dual lighting system
- Pressure adjustment
- LCD displays
- 850 stitches per minute
- Speed control
- Metal frame construction
- Custom stitch feature
- One handed threading system
- Lots of customization options
- Professional results
- Suitable for all types of fabrics
- Many inbuilt features and stitches
- The left position of needle can make sewing tough
- For changing the walking tool, you need to use a screwdriver, which can cause a little discomfort
The best machine for personal use: If this machine is not included in the list, relevancy can be a question. This machine just offers the flexibility one can dream of. From adding decorative stitches, quilting, monogramming, crafting projects, sewing buttonholes and many more things, everything can be very conveniently done here. With 130 unique stitches and 8 styles of one-step buttonholes, this machine can even do free motion quilting. This machine is equipped with an LED working area and detachable working table to make sewing very easy.
- Drop feed
- 130 built-in stitches
- 850 stitches per minute
- 9 presser feet
- 8 one-step buttonholes
- Wide table
- 2 lbs
The budget friendly sewing machine: Do you want a cheap, lightweight and portable sewing machine and that too without spending many bucks? Or you are just a beginner, who is trying to figure out a way for stitching? This machine very effectively fits in both the situation. The instruction manual is of great help and thus adapting to this machine becomes just a matter of time. Choose from any of 27 stitches and show your creativity to the world. For any form of décor task, this is just the one perfect thing. Sewing, quilting or crafting becomes very easy with the illumination of the super bright bulb resistant free drop-in bobbin, automatic threading and cutting and many more features.
- Foot pedals
- 27 built-in stitches
- 6 quick-change presser feet
- Dial stitch selector
- Automatic needle threader
- Jam resistant top drop-in bobbin
- Bright LED light
Combo package for specialized embroidery and sewing: So, if you want to showcase your art and creativity, this machine will help you with its multitasking features. This computerized and embroidery machine will just take your creativity to the next level and bring out the artist in you. How? With this 2 in 1 machine that comes with an embroidery frame and 67 built in stitches, the LCD screen that comes along helps in choosing the embroidery designs. Edit or import, if the pre-installed 70 doesn’t woo you enough.
- 5 lettering fonts
- 7 point feed dog
- 67 built-in stitches
- LCD screen
- 400 stitches per minute
- Bright working space
- Internet connectivity
- Packed with features and accessories
- Versatile, strong and outstanding
- Two in one machine
- Option for upgrading the firmware
- Small embroidery area
- Low stitching speed
- Replacing the needle is difficult
- Only practicing pre-loaded patterns
- Entry level machine
The ideal machine for beginners: With a variety of stitch options for different types of sewing this entry level machine has an electronic automatic pilot feature. Apart from this, the speed control feature lets you take full charge of the sewing speed. Except for the monogramming capacity, this stylish sewing machine can fit in all the demands of a sewer. The interesting thing is the threading system which is just so easy, and you can just do it in some minutes. So, quilting, stitching or basic embroidery- this machine will show you great results in every form.
- One can do multiple tasks on this machine
- The autopilot feature makes error free stitching
- Easy threading
- Good for beginners
- Manual adjustment is tough to do
- Not good for thick fabrics
- LED light doesn’t illuminate the working space well
- Priced high
The best entry level sewing machine: This is a value packed machine for easy sewing, crafting and quilting. This is portable and offers versatile stitching experiences. It is very hard to find a machine of this specification and with added accessories and that too at a very cheap rate. It comes with a carrying case and is very easy to move around with. It comes with 60 inbuilt stitches that help in making items such as quilts, embroidery, covers, and dresses. The bobbin can also be very easily winded and dropped. With start and stop speed controller and 850 stitches per minute, this computerized version can be a worth buy.
- Jam resistant, quick top drop-in bobbin
- Quilting table
- Bilingual user manual
- 60 built-in stitches
- 850 stitches per minute
- 7 styles of 1 step buttonholes
- Innovative, simple yet creative
- For beginner or intermediate level
- Multiple use
- Value for money
- Number of stitches lower than other machines of this price range
- Lacks monogramming and embroidery features
- Lacks memory functions and sets to default when turned off
The machine for kids: This is basically a cute machine and comes in different vibrant colors perfect for the kids. This machine can carry out quite a different type of task. Very easy to use, even the inexperienced one can even try out some stitching strokes for the first time here. With 25 built-in stitches and double needles, this lightweight machine is just the right platform for kids and teenagers for showing their creativity. Apart from this, the machine also has an automatic buttonholer and free arm, and you can very easily make cuffs, sleeves, and hems.
- Custom stitch
- Presser feet
- 800 stitches per minute
- 25 built-in stitches
- Foot controller
- Free arm
- 4 step buttonholes style
- Beginners’ machine
- Faster and better than other machines in this range
- Perfect for kids
- Automatic threader
- Thread cutter
- One needs to lubricate the machine regularly
- Speed control is not that effective
- Pedal is fast for beginners
The best Janome sewing machine: This is the most advanced machine in the Janome Magnolia series. This is a quiet, hardworking and at the same time a sturdy tool for sewing. With a stylish and sleek design, your every penny will be worth spending for. Although this is an advanced level machine, the user manual helps in every step. This is just the right machine if you have to sew heavy fabrics. With a powerful motor, beautiful design, so many features and perfect for all types of materials, this machine is not going to disappoint you.
- Extra high presser foot lift
- 30built in stitches
- 15 needle positions
- Superior dog feed system
- Stitch speed controller
- Start/stop sewing buttons
- 6 one step sensor types buttonholes
- Convenient and easy to use
- Loaded with features
- Stylish and powerful
- Apt for all types of fabrics
- Decorative stitches perfect for embroidery.
- No scope for adjusting the presser foot
The heavy duty sewing machine: This machine is made with the capacity of handling both heavy and light weight fabrics. This is the right machine for both the beginners’ level as well as for the professionals. With 18 built-in stitches and 7 presser feet, this machine is quite sturdy and strongly built. There are so many stitching choices and selecting them is also very easy with the selection dial. With so many varieties and choices, you are definitely going to like it.
- 7 point feed dog system
- 1 step automatic buttonholer
- Heavy duty frame
- Manual lay in tension thread
- Stitch selection dial
- 7 presser feet
- 18 built-in stitches
- Can handle multiple layers of fabrics
- Best machine for sewing leather
- Option for selecting numerous stitch easily
- Strong and sturdy
- Can stitch heavy and light materials as well
- Limited number of buttonholes style
- Limited number of stitches
While there are so many different models with high-grade features, this might confuse you in picking up the right one. Decide your machine based on your need, budget, and brand of your choice. Well, to help you out, this elaboration is going to do the needful. And what else you want? Read it thoroughly and experience an enjoyable sewing time.