- 1 Janome HD 1000 - Want a Sewing Machine that Sews Leather check this!!
- 2 Singer 4411 - The Leather Sewing Machine Craigslist
- 3 Singer CG590 - Best Cowboy Leather Sewing Machine
- 4 Brother CS 6000i - Best leather sewing machine for Industrial Sewing
- 5 Singer 9960 - Best Industrial Leather Sewing Machine
- 6 Singer 4423 - Use Best Sewing Machine for Leather
- 7 Singer 5532 - Checkout Best Sewing Machine for Denim and Leather
- 8 Juki DDL- 8700 - with Hand Crank Leather Sewing Machine
- 9 Leather Sewing Machine Tippmann - Best Sewing Machines for Leather
- 10 Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW - Leather Sewing Machine
- 11 Tuning Up The Machine!
- 12 Do You Get Uneven Stitches? Why?
- 13 The Essential Element- Needle!
When stitching with hands can be fun and entertaining, it requires a great deal of time and labor, and so when it is about stitching hundreds of products within a short span of time, hand stitching becomes the least possible option. And so the invention of sewing machines paved the path for Industrial Revolution, and manufacturers are flourishing tremendously with the help of these machines.
The evolution of sewing machines helped the humanity reach to a certain level. The machines are so versatile with extendable arms, needles and automatic threader that this automatic version reduces the risk of jamming or tangling. Like in the case of leather sewing machines that are specifically built to deal with leather items!
Are you an active sewer? And if you deal with leather then you must own the very best leather sewing machine. Here is a compilation of some of the best machines that stitch leather very easily. Take a look.
The heavy duty leather sewing machine with built in features: Want a machine for home or commercial setting? Then you cannot ignore this one. With the name of Janome and 14 built-in stitches, 4 step buttonhole, it has a strong built with Aluminum casting. Loaded with accessories and features, the free arm even helps you in sewing collars, cuffs, pants, and many more tough areas of clothing. So, whether a leather stitching or some other fabrics, this gives you the perfect combination to achieve anything.
- Hard sided cover
- Removable free arm
- Manual thread tension control
- Adjustable stitch length
- Front loading bobbin
- Easy reverse lever
- Extra high presser foot
- Bobbin tension and jamming issues
The heavy duty one with amazing sewing speed: This is a perfect workhorse. This is achieved with its interior metal frame, powerful motor, stainless steel bedplate and extra high sewing speed. Everything you throw at this, this Singer version is sure to sew them together. The main highlight here is the quick pace and that too of 1100 stitches per minute, amazing isn’t it? So, leather or any other thick fabrics, this speed helps in stitching with slightest of ease. And to ensure that materials don’t get caught up in faster sew speed; the simple to load drop in bobbin does the trick. And this way with this top notch sewing machine, there is very little chance of error.
- Adjustable presser foot control
- Sewing Assistant app
- Included accessories
- 11 built-in stitches
- Extra high presser feet lifter
- Do not support with less than 110 V AC
- For denim, you have to buy needles separately
- Noisy for home use
The best name for commercial grade sewing machines: Just like the Singer 4411 model, this is also a powerful beast which allows you to stitch anything. It’s built is quite similar to its Singer brother version with metal frame, stainless steel bedplate and high paced and powerful motor. For sewing leather, it has 18 built in patterns, automatic thread function, simple to use drop feed system, free arm for small areas and 1100 stitch per minute speed. Do you find it fascinating enough? Well, you can own one very easily.
- Automatic 4 step buttonhole
- Commercial and household warranty
- Jam resistant bobbin system
- Adjustable tension
- Presser foot lifter
- Snap on presser feet
- Noisy for household use
- No provision for extended worktable accessory.
The amazingly computerized featured one: Do you want a free arm sewing machine? Brother allows you to have this machine and that too at an affordable price. With durability to work on leather, its 60 built-in stitches just add to the wow factor. Apart from this, the seven styles of 1 step auto-size buttonholes, hardcover, built in light, quilting table, access to bobbin thread and many more features make this machine a perfect comb for sewing any type of And hold on, this is not the end! Even for beginners, this is a very good option.
- LCD stitch selector
- Easy threading
- Oversized table
- Easy bobbin winding
- Super bright work area
- Free arm for cuffs and sleeves
- Adjustable sewing speed
- When turned off lacks memory function
- No scope for embroidery
The stylish and powerful version: Yes we highlight it here again, 600 built-in stitches! This is the type of sewing machine that one can ask for and in return, you will get more than that. What can you ask for Singer 9960? Auto needle threader, one button hole function, 13 automatic one-step buttonholes, five different font options and with stitching editing skills, this is the most smoothest and clever machine to allow you to work on leather or any other materials. And just not these features, bonus accessories, extension table, and hardcover, this computerized sewing machine have actually given you everything, isn’t it?
- Value for money
- Digital information advisor
- Top bobbin loading system
- Heavy duty interior metal frame
- Stitch reference chart
- Need to hold the bobbin in place while threading manually
- May interfere with the functions if not used regularly.
The heavy duty with extra high speed: Want to experience a leather sewing machine with extra duty features enabled? Then this is the perfect option for you. Its features make this machine tremendously strong. With a stainless steel bedplate and a stainless steel body, the built is quite strong and durable. With 23 built-in stitch patterns and auto needle threader, there is also a leather stitch option in the machine. And when it comes to changing patterns, the twist knobs provided this flexibility. Everything in this machine provides smoothing and easy sewing experience. And definitely yes, this is yet another mind blowing creation from Singer.
- 60% stronger motor
- Top load bobbin
- Fully automatic 1 step buttonhole
- Included accessories
- Assistant app
- Zipper foot
- Button sewing foot
- It doesn’t allow nylon webbing
- Cannot do boat type cushions
Automatic, extra high speed and heavy duty sewing machine: If you are looking for multipurpose works like jeans, hemming, sewing leather, garment repairing and some easy sewing, then you have an excellent version in the form of this machine. The speed is amazing with 1100 stitch per minute, along with auto needle threader. The built is strong enough, and heavy-duty metal frame provides the durability and stability. Apart from this, 32 built in stitches make the stitching very smooth and easy.
- One fully automatic buttonhole
- 1 step buttonhole
- Automatic needle threader
- Top load bobbin
- Designed for Canada and United States only
- Supports 110 V AC
- Good only for light or medium leather
The straight stitch industrial sewing machine: You want a fast passed sewing machine? What better it can be more than this with the power of 5500 stitches per minute. Indeed it is quicker and stronger than its competing machine list. The best sewing techniques can be experienced with the stitch that has a maximum length of 5 mm, super strong industrial motor and 110V clutch. You can literally do sew any form of fabric with the help of this machine. Indeed, a ruler in providing quality sewing along with technology.
Designed with a twist: This is a heavy duty and reliable sewing machine that is made to last. The strong built-in interior makes it very easy to work with thicker materials. Even there are multiple options when it comes to stitches. Four straight stitches, shell tuck, three zigzag stitches, honeycomb, feather stitch and many more options are there. This machine is also packed with different types of accessories for working with different types of fabrics. From nylon, canvas, plastic, sheepskin, urethane, etc., this machine can literally sew everything. To start the stitching process, just a simple pull of the handle is all it takes. With so many adjustable features on thread size, stitch length, needle, tension, etc., one can easily complete a precise lock stitch just by pulling the handle.
- Perfect for any fabric
- Top loading bobbin
- Adjustable presser foot tension
- Chisel point sewing needles
- Highly priced
- Very limited warranty
- Makes some light track marks on the bottom of your work.
The electrical sewing machine: Need a machine for decorative and heirloom stitches? This brother version from the heavy machine category perfectly meets all your needs. Apart from the normal built-in stitches, there are even built-in stitches for stretchy materials, saw fleece and elastic. This machine is also a very good opinion for those who love quilting. The built-in quilting stitches make it possible.
- Very easy bobbin replacement
- 50 built-in utility
- Quick drop in bobbin
- Built-in thread cutter
- Carrying handle
- Light build makes it unstable
- Support only 110 V AC
- Specifications for beginner’s level.
Although the above-listed machines are quite like the standard ones, these features make it modern and quite versatile. While these types of machines can help out with every day works but can help in sewing with new fabrics, thus creating new sewing tasks with so much ease.
Tuning Up The Machine!
So, what is your next step? We understand that you have purchased the best machine and it is just making your sewing sessions exceptionally fun loving and entertaining one. But are you just going to use it without actually bothering about its servicing? Like any other mechanical devices, the sewing machines too needs some form of pampering, and this tuning will show you better results in the long run.
And after going through these lines you have made your mind to do something to enhance its performance, the next obvious question will be how often one needs to tune the machine, right? Don’t worry much, because just like you majority of the people don’t have a clear idea and often get lost at this point.
So, what is the deciding factor? Your frequency of tuning up will completely depend on the way it is being used and the rate of its usage. Hence, every machine will have different requirements. And not just that, depending on the materials that you are sewing, the tuning rate can also depend on that.
As a general rule, to boost the performance of your machine, getting it treated by a service provider will enhance its longevity. Okay, so if you are a regular and consistent user, it needs to be definitely tuned up twice in a year. In the case of a moderate user, the tuning can be done once in a year or after two years. Even you can take help from your tuning technician, who will have a thorough look into the machine and decide the tuning time.
Okay, another most important thing. If you have a machine and is trying to use it after a gap of years, the first thing one should do is do a servicing. Although you may have kept it very clean and dust free, there are some internal parts which are beyond your reach and may require lubrication. And without a prior checkup, if you try to start it, it may lead to thread breakage and even stiffness of the machine.
Want to complain free and smooth sewing experience? The tips mentioned above are definitely going to help you.
Do You Get Uneven Stitches? Why?
So, when your machine is tuned up, and you are working regularly, you may still notice that some stitches are longer that other. And while you must be really worried and thinking that your machine is having some internal problem, the problem is actually something different. It is actually the needle that creates this from the back.
And when you are thinking how to solve that, here, two causes and action process is mentioned, which is the most common problem, leaving apart some other small issues.
- Different types of fabrics need a different type of needles. So, when you are getting uneven stitches, the first thing that you should do is to check the needle and the fabric you are stitching.
- The second reason is the needle and its condition. For a normal sewing session, the needle should be in good and mint condition, and only then tight stitches can be seen on the fabric.
Apart from the two main common problems, there are some more reasons which may create this problem. Take a look.
- At times, the needle is not inserted properly resulting in uneven stitches. So, when you are experiencing it, take out the needle and insert it again properly.
- Even presser foot can also be a cause of uneven stitches. So, to ensure even stitches, you need to adjust the pressure of the presser foot. Want to check whether it worked or not? Try it on little swatches, and you can get the idea.
- Even the low height of feed dog can also be a reason for uneven stitch. Make sure it is in the upward position. Even one needs to use the correct foot for a particular type of fabric because this is yet another reason.
Hopefully, you could correct the uneven stitch problem. And still, if you can’t then he the only option left is to take it to the technician. But as you now know what causes this problem; you can at least try to make it work!