- 1 What Are the Things That a Sewing Machine for Jeans Possess?
- 2 TOYOTA Super Jeans J34 - Best Sewing Machine for Canvas
- 3 TOYOTA Super Jeans J17XL High Speed Sewing Machine
- 4 Janome DC2014 Full Featured Sewing Machine
- 5 SINGER 9960 Computerized Sewing and Quilting
- 6 Janome HD1000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- 7 Janome Magnolia 7318 - Sew Best Denim Sewing patterns
- 8 Brother ST371HD - Best sewing Machine for Denim and Leather
- 9 Singer 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- 10 SINGER 4411 - Best Denim stitching Machine for Patterns
- 11 Brother XR9550PRW Project Runway
Jeans and Denims are very comfortable to wear and is widely used. Ever wanted to make your own pair of jeans and unable to do so because you didn’t have the perfect sewing machine? We spend a lot of money in purchasing those trendy jeans, and some amount will be saved if we could stitch jeans ourselves.
But how do you know what kind of sewing machine will suit the best?
What Are the Things That a Sewing Machine for Jeans Possess?
- Budget: You need to fix the budget first. If it is limited, it would be unnecessary to look for high-quality machines. You can also look for second-hand machines at some trustable retailer shop rather than getting fancy plastic materials because they won’t last long.
- Stitches: The two most necessary stitches are the straight and zig-zag one. There are more than 200 stitches available but hardly used frequently. So, if the budget is limited, it wouldn’t be a smart move to get a machine with 200 stitches. Rather get a durable one with less number of stitches.
- Stitch Length: Not all machines provide options to vary stitch length. For any new designs, you may set to the long lengths and for tight stitches go for small lengths. When you have to do the edges and appliqué, you may need to adjust the length. Janome 2032 is a cheap machine which also provides variable stitches.
- Attachments Available: To make clothes, you would need a zipper foot, a buttonhole foot as an attachment. Similarly, for quilts, a ¼” foot or walking foot helps in patchwork. For the freehand quilt, a freehand embroidery foot is necessary. Even if the attachments are not available with it, make sure you can buy them separately at lower prices.
- Motor: The machine is stronger if the motor is heavier. For denims or any upholstery-weight fabrics, you would need a heavy motor to cope up with. A plastic machine wouldn’t be able to deal with heavy fabric materials. A metallic machine like Singer 4411 can almost sew any fabric.
- Noise: You wouldn’t be willing to sew if the machine keeps making noise. Look for quiet machines rather than the ones that sound like a drilling machine. Janome DC2013 is an example of a quiet machine.
- Computerized or Mechanical: Computerized ones that have touch screens and programmable techniques for stitching are costly. Mechanical machines, on the other hand, are less heavy even with a stronger motor due to less parts in it, which makes it easy to carry. Computerized machines have stronger motors and power which makes it easier to cope up with heavy fabrics. For limited budget, it would be safe to go for metallic mechanical ones than plastic computerized ones.
- Leveling Button: General Purpose Foot provides leveling button. When you are sewing multi-layered bottom or side seam jeans, you can press it so that the presser foot lifts up and adjusts the change in thickness of the fabric.
Now let us have a look at the best sewing machines for denims:
- Six Presser Feet: It has a zipper foot, a zigzag foot, a buttonhole foot, an overcasting foot, a blind hem foot. A special gliding foot is accommodated which is only found in Toyota Machines that helps to sew multiple layers of denims.
- Automatic Needle Threader: You can just place the needle on it, and the machine will do the tedious work for you.
- Free Arm Convertible: For tight sewing areas like sleeves or pocket linings or any smaller garments like the dress of baby, accessories of doll or some decorative items.
- Soft Cover: The soft cover doesn’t let the household dirt settle on the machine when unused.
- 34 Built-In Stitches: Triple-reinforced straight, 4-way smocking, a buttonhole, zigzag, applique, blind hem, decorative, utility, stretch and overlock stitches are available.
- Four Step Buttonhole: It makes the buttonhole stitch stronger and perfect.
- Heavy Fabric: It can sew up to twelve layers of soft 12-ounce denim, nine layers of hard 12-ounce denim or nine layers of soft 14-ounce denim. You can easily glide through the layers.
- Drop Feed Capable: When you’re quilting, designing custom, preparing home decor or altering garments drop feed capable is useful.
- Accessories Included: Quilting guide, 2 Plastic bobbins, 2 Standard needles, Ball point needle, Buttonhole cutter, Spool cap, Jeans needle, Screw driver for needle plate.
- Stitches: There are 100 built in stitches which include 55 alphanumeric stitches for basic monogramming or lettering. It has utility, decorative and heirloom stitches. You can select your own on the LCD screen.
- Buttonhole Styles: There are eight styles of 1-step auto size buttonholes. The buttonholes are made simply and in time.
- Presser Feet: Buttonhole foot, Zipper foot, Zigzag foot, Overcasting foot, Button Sewing foot, Monogramming foot, Blind-stitch foot are the inbuilt feet. You can also purchase other feet for bias tape binding, gathering fabric, invisible zippers.
- There is automatic Needle Threading System and Thread Cutter.
- Bobbin: Easy Bobbin Winding is available. There is also Drop in Quick Set Bobbin.
- Speed: The maximum sewing speed is 850 stitches per minute.
- Adjustable length: The length and breadth of stitch are 7mm and 5mm.
- Speed Controller: Available along with Automatic Needle Up / Down.
- Free Motion: There is drop feed motion available.
- Accessories: Oversized wide table for quilting, Accessory pouch with needle set, Ball point needle, Twin needle, Extra spool pin, bobbins (3), Screwdriver, Cleaning brush, Spool pin, Operation Manual, Seam ripper, Power cord, Hard Cover.
If you are a jeans or denims lover along with having sewing as your passion, then good days are for you. No more you need to spends heavy bucks on buying a pair of denims of your choice. Simply buy any of the above mentioned best sewing machines for denim and jeans in 2017 and be a diva.