- 1 DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- 2 DEWALT DWS709 Slide Compound Miter Saw, 12-Inch
- 3 Makita LS1040 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
- 4 Hitachi C12RSH2 15-Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker
- 5 Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- 6 Bosch GCM12SD 120-Volt 12-Inch DB Glide Miter Saw
- 7 Conclusion
A compound miter saw is a must-have for all the workshops to perform a smooth beveling of various items. There are various types of miter saw available in the market. You need to know the functions of the miter saw and then make a proper purchase. Amongst many options, the right one can only be found when you know what you need exactly.
It is a tool that is specifically built for the craftsmen to cut various types of angles in the chosen material. It has a blade that is pivoted on a swing arm to provide flexibility to the users. The blade can be managed in various angles to get the desired bevels on the material. Depending on the usability, the miter saw are of three different types such as sliding miter saw, compound miter saw and a dual compound miter saw.
Here is the list of 6 best miter saw with all the specifications and reviews you need to know before making a purchase. Read the reviews and specifications to learn more about the miter saws and get the best miter saw for the money and make your workshop compete.
DEWALT DW715 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
Among all the compound miter saw reviews, this is recommended as the beast one needs to install in his workshop. This is a tool manufactured by the popular company named DeWalt that comes with a 15-Amp motor driven by electricity. The saw is capable of delivering immense power. It comes with a 12-inch saw, dust bag, a carbide blade, blade wrench, and other necessary spare parts required for smooth functioning. The ergonomic design enables a user to control the saw as per his requirements without letting the saw slip towards the miter detents. It has 11 positive stops to adjust the miter made of stainless steel. The machine is capable of supporting crown molding with a dimension up to 5.25 inches and base molding with a dimension up to 6.5 inches. It also has 4 hard steel bevels that offer extreme flexibility to the users to cut better angles without any hassle.
- Comes with a design that can be controlled easily while working.
- It has a cam lock feature that enables a user to override the miter detent without twisting the handle for locking the angle.
- The cross cut capacity of the machine is 2’X8’ lumber.
- It comes with a carbide blade, blade wrench, dust bag, and other necessary components for a complete setup.
- The high-speed beveling miter saw is capable of cutting thick lumbers very quickly than other tools in the market.
- The convenient stops provide excellent control over the process of beveling.
- The machine is also compact and can be easily transported to a distant place for ease of work. It has a carry handle for easy portability.
- It comes with 3 years manufacturing warranty.
- The users often complain about the default fence send by the manufacturer. It might cause a problem if not checked properly.
- The saw needs to be adjusted after 20 cuts. The result might vary from person to person.
- This model does not have the pre-wired Laser and LED attachment which causes a little problem with the usability of the tool.
DEWALT DWS709 Slide Compound Miter Saw, 12-Inch
This is the best sliding miter saw from the eminent company that comes with a 15 Amp motor. The motor allows the saw to rotate with a speed of 3800 RPM on load. The design comprises of back fence design and tall sliding fences. The saw works properly with a stainless steel miter detent with an adjustable feature. The detent has 13 positive stops for convenience in work. It also has an oversized scale for beveling. It can handle crown molding of dimension up to 5.5 inches and base molding of dimension up to 4.5 inches. This is only possible because of the tall sliding fences provided with the design. Unlike the other miter saws, it has a compact size and can be carried to a distant place for functioning. It is capable of handling a lumber with dimensions 2” by 14” for 90 degrees and 2” by 10” for 45 degrees beveling. The design also has a red miter pointer that enables a user to easily locate and read the miter angles necessary for intricate jobs.
- The motor is 15 Amp and delivers a high power to rotate the saw at a speed of 3800 RPM.
- The saw can miter up to 60 degrees right and 50 degrees left.
- The machine weighs only 51 pounds.
- The stainless steel plates come with pads to reduce the wearing to a minimum.
- The design has dual horizontal steel rails along with linear ball bearings that offer durability and accuracy.
- The wide-angle mitering offers extreme usability. This is why it is considered as the best sliding compound miter saw as per the sliding compound miter saw reviews.
- The lighter model allows a user to carry it to the workplace without any hassle.
- Its maximum vertical and horizontal capacity is 4.3 inches and 9.5 inches.
- It also comes with all the accessories necessary for a workshop. The machine is also compatible with all the DeWalt accessories such best miter saw stand, extensions, dust bags, crown stops, etc. the design can be easily enhanced using these accessories.
- The design offers basic mitering and cross-cutting without any hassle.
- The push button lock feature is admirable.
- As per the specification, it can handle 14” lumber without any hassle but had a problem while delivering the efficiency.
- It has no bevel stops for making compound cuts.
- There is no way to attain depth in plunge cuts.
- There is no cam lock for the miter adjustments.
- The machine does not come with a carrying handle that makes it inconvenient to port.
Tuning & Adjustment you should do with your Compound Miter Saw!!
Makita LS1040 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
This is a USA-made machine that is designed to deliver beast-like power to the process. It has got a huge rating as the best compound miter saw from the users. The tool comes with a 15 Amp motor that delivers immense power to the saw. It can cut bevels up to 45 degrees left which is a significant feature, considered by the users. The positive mitering feature is capable of stopping at nine different settings that make it quite functional for the beveling jobs. Unlike the other compound miters, this one is a lightweight machine that is capable of delivering expected functionality. It also has a shaft lock that makes it easier to change blades. The design comprises of 40T carbide tipped strong blades. The design also comes with dust bags, dual slide rails, socket wrench, triangular rise and a vertical vise. The base of the tool is made of industry-grade aluminum. It is considered as the best miter saw 2018.
- The saw dimension is 10 inches and can be used for various purposes.
- The manufacturer offers 1 year warranty period with the purchase.
- Carbide tipped blades are provided for durability.
- The tool is made for carpenters, woodworkers, base installers, case installers, floor installers, etc.
- The design also includes a fluorescent light feature for proper visibility and illumination of the work.
- The design offers precision on setting angles and getting what you expect.
- It is also compatible with the miter stands from other companies. The package also comes with extra bolts to fix it on a stand properly.
- It is considered as the best 10 miter saw in the compound category by the users. Most of the users purchased it for domestic purposes. Other than professional uses, it is also the best miter saw for DIY projects.
- The machine is lighter than other tools. It can be easily carried to a distant location without any hassle.
- The blades can be easily replaced by the help of ‘how to change blade on miter saw’ guide that comes with the tool. In fact, ordering replacement blades is also easier as the model is very popular. In fact, the best miter saw blade is available from this brand only.
- The dust collection bag is way better than the other products in the market.
- The locking feature is not properly consistent which might be an issue while doing precision work.
- As per the miter saw reviews for this model, it is not suitable for cutting precise mitering angles.
- The lightweight machine might cause a problem when you need steadiness to cut thicker wood and do some intricate work.
Hitachi C12RSH2 15-Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser Marker
It is a unique sliding compound miter saw that can be used for a zero-clearance cutting or beveling. The design comes with inbuilt laser marker system that enables a user to cut the wood or bevel with accuracy. As per the 12 sliding compound miter saw reviews, this miter saw is a unique piece of art that can be used for dual beveling without any hassle. The sliding fences offer a flexible height that can be extended up to 5.125 inches and cut crown molding up to 7.5 inches. It offers immense flexibility as the mitering angle extends up to 57 degrees right and 45 degrees left. The saw blade can be easily flipped without removing the material. The design also comprises of positive stops and mitering indications so that the user can fixate on the bevel scale for precise work. The setting can be done quickly and accurately with the indications and positive stops. It also has a vertical handle with elastic grips so that vibration can be easily handled to do the job precisely.
- The machine weighs 59 pounds, slightly heavier than the other sliding miter saws.
- The design comes with a 15 Amp motor that delivers high power to the saw.
- Cutting and beveling can be done precisely with zero clearance by using the laser marker system.
- The laser marker system offers extreme accuracy for precise jobs which makes it the most accurate miter saw.
- Wide angle beveling and cutting are possible with the extended mitering angles.
- The large sliding fence eases the work by raising the height up to 5.125 inches.
- This model is easier to use as it comes with easy-to-read bevel and miter scale.
- The vertical handle enables a user to get a good grip on the machine while working. It considered as the best 12 inch miter saw.
- The design is heavier than its competitors. It reduces the easement in portability of the tool.
- Some of the users have complained that the saw is not smooth. It needs to be oiled frequently to bring down the smoothness back for easement of work.
Hitachi C10FCE2 15-Amp 10-inch Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
Yet another masterpiece from the leading brand, this one is a unique tool for both domestic and professional woodwork. It comes with a 10-inch miter saw and is used for single beveling of wood. The 15-amp motor is enough power to deliver high speed to the saw even if it is on load. The machine offers 52 degrees miter angle on both sides which make mitering jobs a lot easier. It also offers a beveling angle of 45 degrees on both the sides. This is the best 10 inch miter saw in the market as per the reviews for best miter saw for homeowner. The design comes with a horizontal handle that allows a user to hold the tool while working and absorb the vibration. The extended flip fence is large enough to raise it by 4 inches highest for easy crown molding functions. It also comes with a large table, better than other tools, that great support to the material while molding or beveling. The positive stops in this design can be adjusted using the thumb finger. It aids the user to continue working without diverting his attention. The miter adjustment can be achieved quicker.
- The design comprises of 15 Amp motor to rotate the blades at a high speed.
- The wider angle for mitering and beveling offers flexibility in performing intricate jobs.
- The flip fence can raise the platform by 4 inches.
- It comes with a high-quality dust bag.
- The manufacturer offers 5 years of manufacturing warranty with this model.
- This machine can be used to cut plywood, wood, decorative panels, hard board, aluminum sashes, and soft fiberboard.
- This is an ideal tool for trim carpenters, woodworkers, framers, etc.
- Wider angle for beveling and mitering offers the users to do intricate jobs easily.
- The tool can be used personally and professionally which is why it is considered as one of the top miter saws.
- The brand offers 5 years of warranty which depicts the durability of the machine.
- It weighs 33 pounds which makes it easy to carry.
- Due to its versatility, it is considered as the best compound miter saw 2018 in single beveling level.
- The users have not reported any kind of wobbling in the machine while using it.
- The base casting is thinner than expected. It needs to be fixed or made better.
- Some of the tools came with improper alignment that made the users unhappy with the products.
- The side-to-side adjustment is absent in this model.
- It does not come with a laser pointer to cut or bevel materials with accuracy.
Bosch GCM12SD 120-Volt 12-Inch DB Glide Miter Saw
This marvelous machine owns a patented axial-glide design for a perfect job in a compact space. The machine is only 26.5 inches in width and can be easily installed in a compact space or a small workshop. It has 6.5 inches vertical and crown capacity. The machine also offers 14 inches horizontal capacity. The design comprises of easily readable large and uniform miter and bevel stainless steel scale. The detents are properly marked along with roof pitch angles. A per the miter saw reviews 2018; this is the best 12 inch miter saw for a compact space with so much flexibility. It also comes with the best 12 miter saw blade that cuts like butter without creating any vibration.
- Comes with 15 Amp motor.
- Maximum 3800 RPM without load
- Bevel angle achievable is 48 degrees right and left.
- Larger scales with prominent marking make measuring and controlling easier.
- Good deal in that price range.
- This tool has got the best sliding miter saw reviews due to its flexibility and durability.
- The bevel stops might cause a problem after using the tool for few months.
- The saw often gets out of alignment after a considerable use.
It is hard to find the best rated miter saw because the reviews are mixed and depend on the user’s experience. You can still make a good choice if your follow the miter saw buying guide and identify the right one as per your need. Check the features and 12 miter saw reviews of the machines mentioned above and equip your shop with the most suitable miter saw.