Bought the topwater dispenser for yourself? Good but that is not all. Do you know how it works? Did you do a little research about its working and everything you should know before buying an appliance or a machinery? If your answer to the two questions stated above is No then, you are wrong because gaining information before purchasing any product is necessary. Do you ever buy your cell phone without knowing its specifications, its internal storage, the camera quality, etc.? No, you do not because these are some basic features that you look for in a mobile phone then, why buy any other machine or appliance without proper research? After all, you might end up buying the wrong product for yourself that does not even fulfill your requirements and you have already spent a lot of money on it. So, to know how an appliance works, what all features it has, how much it will cost you, what is its size, will it be able to fit in, etc is important and beneficial for you as it will give you an idea of what you are about to buy and that will, in turn, help you decide whether the product is right for you are not.
Coming to the water dispenser and its functioning, you know how important is water and how it is one of the basic necessities of life? Today, when our surroundings have become so polluted we all realize the necessity of having safe and pure drinking water. Pollution has contaminated the water as well and to drink the water that is not contaminated people these days have been trying different options to get pure drinking water. Among the various options available, water dispensers have become a favorite of people. Every other person is looking for the top-rated water dispenser for the convenience it offers along with pure drinkable water. Nobody prefers drinking water directly from the tap especially in the areas where chlorine or calcium content in the water is in large amounts. Not forgetting so many epidemic diseases that had their origin from city water itself, we should be careful with the water we are drinking. So, the best thing you can go for is a water dispenser. They are nowadays not a luxury rather have become a necessity especially for those who consider their health as important and put their health above everything else.
What is a Water Dispenser?
A water dispenser is easy to use a product or machine that only requires frequent cleaning to have it working properly for a longer period of time. The machine fetches you drinkable water whenever needed. They have various features and thus, are convenient. You might use them for hot or cold water or both as some of the models have two faucets one for cold and the other for hot water. This usually everyone knows, what people do not know is how water dispenser works. Have you ever given a thought to it? This article will provide you with enough information about the working of a water dispenser. So, get ready to divulge into it and read the article thoroughly.
The Working of a Dispenser
It has a simple working wherein its main function is to take water from the primary source, push this water into various pipelines attached, and then give you drinkable water from the faucet. If this machine would not have been invented, your workload would have been doubled. You would have to first take the water from the direct supply, get it filtered, and then store it for the whole day to have drinkable water readily available. Water dispensers and water coolers are however different. If you are going for a cool water dispenser and want to know how much cold the water would be, you would have to know about the installed compressor in it. Also, you should know that the more cooling your water dispenser provides, the more it will be power consuming.
Water Dispenser Types
- Dispensers with bottles: They are also called water coolers. Usually, water dispensers come with either two, three, or four gallons of water bottles. The bottle is usually placed upside down and punctured by a spike. Also, there is a valve in the water cooler that helps in protecting the dispenser from getting flooded with the water inside the bottle. All the water gets stored in a tank and in this tank, there is a device that heats or cools the water as commanded by the user. A point of the disadvantage of this type of water dispensers is, they require a lot of maintenance and this is because there is no other way than the bottle for the water to come out of the faucet. Thus, the bottle needs maintenance and cleaning after every few months.
- Point of use water dispenser: These types of dispensers are the ones you would usually find in someone’s home or at the workplace where the convenience of drinkable water is required and needed. The reason they are convenient is that they provide an unlimited supply of water when connected to the city’s waterline. A lot of servicing is not required in these types of water dispensers because there is no fitted water bottle in these types of models as the water flows directly from the city’s water line to the tank. Generally, they have the feature of cooling and heating the water as well, for this they keep the water in containers where the water is heated or cooled as needed. There is a tap to dispense the water and this tap is located in front of the device under the knob. The hot water temperature is usually 95 degrees. There are two carbon filters through which the water passes and as it is already heated so no further filtration is required but this is not the case with coldwater. Cold water needs to go through several other stages to become purified. For the coldwater there are two carbon filtration systems through which the water passes then in the UV light chamber it becomes safe for drinking. Also, if your dispenser has the option of sparkling water, you would get a sparkly effect because of the carbon dioxide that is added up to the water by the device.
- Water Fountains: Yes! This is also one of the various types of water dispensers. They are also known as mounted dispensers. Usually, you get to see them in public places such as theme parks, large offices, etc. They can either be mounted to a wall or standing as a freestanding unit. To let the water out, the knob can be turned on, it would gently dispense the water till the knob is free from water. One disadvantage of these types of water dispensers is that they might be unsafe because they directly take the city’s water supply. There is no option for the water to cool or heat and it might come unfiltered also. Their primary work can be to give chilled water to its user because they work on technology as the one in water coolers. They are simple and do not have many parts. Things they do have are listed below:-
- After the machine has drawn water from the main line, it needs to store it somewhere and for this purpose, it has a tank.
- It will have a tap to let the water out for drinking.
- Also, there will be a button to release water.
- If the model has cooling properties then, the refrigerator will be there to cool the water.
Similarities Between Bottled Dispensers and Point Of Use Dispensers
- Both of them usually have a tank. Also, in some cases, they might have two tanks. This helps in storing the water before dispensing.
- The heating device is pre-installed in both types of water dispensers.
- For cooling the water, a refrigerator is there in both of them.
- A tap is there to set the water, free.
- To hold the water bottle in an upside-down position, a collar is there that allows the water to find its way into the device.
- Lastly, because these appliances are driven by electricity, so a power plug and electricity is important to let the machine perform its function.
Now, after reading this article you might have gained enough knowledge about the working of a water dispenser. This will surely be helpful when you look for the best water dispenser brand because now you will be able to see and compare the features as per your requirements. It will help you know, though the brand is the best but is the machine fulfilling your needs or not.
The crux of everything discussed so far is nothing else but the fact that it is completely your choice, your taste, and your preference that which machine or an appliance you want to go for. Your friends or extended family might suggest you many things and brands as per their own experiences but ultimately it is you who has to decide what is best for you. For example, your friend who lives in a cold area might suggest you buy a water dispenser that gives hot water but it might not serve your purpose if you live in an area with moderate temperature. You, in this case, might want to go for a hot and cold water dispenser because it can give you both hot and cold water as you command. So, listen to everyone but decide to buy what is best suited for you. Purchase wisely!